Financial Management and Good Governance
Participation in this course will improve the professional skills of course participants, enabling a deeper understanding of and strengthening skills in financial management and good governance, and to strengthen their abilities to manage their roles within their organisation.
Professional officers in public institutions, for example chief accountants. chief internal auditors, senior planners or similar positions.
Three years of professional experience and preferably six months experience from a Danida supported programme.
- Financial Management in general
- Characteristics and principles of public administration
- Principles of Good Governance
- New management approaches
- Budget support and PRSPs
- Planning, budgeting, reporting and auditing
- Exposure to Financial Management and Good Governance Approaches
- Personnel management, management of change, and communication of information
- Action Planning
Classroom-based sessions with presentations and group work, with excursions to appropriate Danish institutions will be followed by group or individual assignments during which fellows explore issues relating to their own work in more depth.
The course is co-funded by Danida Capacity Development Support Programme. After selection of course participants, the Danida programmes/projects are charged a non-refundable amount of DKK 7,000 per participant per tutorial week
Total funding needs are DKK 14,000 per participant. This includes study fees, accommodation, allowances, insurances and international transport.
Place of Study
The course will be conducted by Mannaz