Policy- and decision-makers from government institutions, NGOs or private institutions involved in interventions supported by Danida. It is expected that participants have at least 3-5 years of experience in a relevant senior position and that they are responsible for implementation of gender policies in sector programmes and projects in their home countries.
Participants should meet the following requirements:
- A good working knowledge of English
- Knowledge of development issues
• Policies strategies and principles for gender equality in development cooperation
• Danida’s Gender Equality Toolbox
• Strengthening gender equality through a Rights-Based Approach
• Gender and Aid Effectiveness
• Gender Equality in sector level interventions
• Gender Equality in peace building and conflict affected areas
• Gender equality in Human Resource Management
• Action Planning
Participants should by the end of the course have gained knowledge of the core concepts, strategies and tools in relation to gender equality applied by international actors in development cooperation and by their home country governments. Participants will be able to critically apply the principles of gender equality with regard to equality under the law; equality of opportunities; and equality in terms of political and economic influence in a way that enhances gender equality in their work field and taking the national context into consideration.
The Course is co-funded by the Danida Capacity Development Support Programme. After selection of course participants, the Danida programmes/projects are charged a non-refundable amount of DKK 2,500 per participant per tutorial week.
Total funding needs are DKK 5,000 per participant. This includes study fees, accommodation, allowances, insurances and international transport.
Place of Study:
The course will be run by Sweco.