Please note, this learning programme is under revision
The target group is senior managers from the public sector as well as from NGOs and civil society organisations in Denmark’s priority countries, which are counterparts to Danida supported development programmes or projects and who are dealing with anti-corruption or are involved in monitoring procurement and/or budget processes.
- Within the target group
- Good working knowledge of English
- Affiliation with a Danida supported activity
- A Conceptual Framework for Integrity, Governance, and Corruption
- Institutions Mandated to Fight Corruption
- Legal Framework for Good Governance and Anti-Corruption
- Taxonomy and Causes of Corruption
- Corruption in Public Sector Procurement
- Effects of Corruption
- The Use of Development Tools to Measure Corruption
- Good Governance, Democracy Development
- National, Regional, and International Interventions to Eradicate Corruption
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
The course provides participants with a firm grasp of the structural sources of corruption, the elements of good governance, and an in-depth analysis of the interventions required to fight corruption and bad governance. Participants will explore development tools used to measure corruption to determine the effectiveness of anti-corruption schemes towards the design of an effective anti-corruption programme and integrity system. Finally, participants will undertake a comparative study of national, regional, and international efforts to eradicate corruption.
Upon successful completion of the seminar, participants will receive ILI-ACLE and Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs certification.
The course is residential – and all participants must be staying at the designated hotel, which will be conveniently located near the place of study
Place of Study
International Law Institute
African Centre for Legal Excellence
The course is co-funded by the Danida Capacity Development Support Programme. Programmes/projects are charged DKK 5,000 per participant per study week. The funding needed for this course is DKK 10,000 per participant. The fee is all inclusive covering accommodation, allowances, insurances, international travel and study fee.
The full course schedule can be seen here.