Counterparts and local partners in all sectors working with information, communication and advocacy in public service, development programmes, and NGOs in Danida partner countries.
Candidates working as Information/Communication/Advocacy Officers or related fields of work. Proficiency in spoken and written English is required to fully participate in all course activities.
- Building the learning community (participants’ experience).
- Unwrapping Strategic Communication
- Tools for analysis, planning and monitoring
- Development communication planning and design
- Advocacy communication planning and design
- Review Development Communication samples
- Practical assignment
- Lessons Learnt & Good Practice
To strengthen the capacity to plan, design, and manage effective development communication interventions and advocacy communication campaigns.
The participants will be able to:
- set out and expound contemporary strategic communication concepts
- plan, design, and manage development communication interventions
- plan, design, and manage advocacy communication campaigns
- monitor and evaluate communication and advocacy communication activities
The Course is co-funded by Danida Capacity Development Support Programme. After selection of course participants, the Danida Programmes/projects, NGOs, and Public services are charged a non-refundable amount of DKK 1,500 per participant per tutorial week. Total funding needs are DKK 3,000 per participants. This includes study fees, accommodation, allowances, insurances and international transport.
Place of Study
ESAMI (Eastern and Southern African Management Institute), Arusha, Tanzania. The course will be run by a Danish consultancy called Danicom – in cooperation with ESAMI.