Human Resources Managers or senior management in private, public or civil society organizations. Applicants must have a good command of the English language and must furthermore be experienced in computer application. Applicants should as a minimum have completed secondary education, but preferably tertiary education (Bachelor level or above).
The course objectives are to:
- Provide participants with key elements of Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Introduce participants to cutting edge knowledge on motivational strategies for enhancement of organizational performance
- Expose participants to development and implementation of recruitment strategies to attract talents into their organizations
- Provide participants with effective performance management systems for development of a performance management organizational culture
- Equip participants with knowledge and skills in training and development strategies which can support the execution of organizational and business strategies.
To support the achievement of the course objectives the course will include the following main modules:
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Recruitment and Selection
- Motivation at the Workplace
- Human Resource Planning
- Retention of Staff
- Training and Development
- Performance Management
The learning process will engage participants through lectures, excursions to relevant organizations, syndicate / group discussions and development/presentation of participants’ Action Plans; participants are expected to incorporate elements from the course programme, e.g. planning tools, into their Action Plans. After returning from the course the home organization is expected to support the participant in further elaboration and implementation of the Action Plan.
The course is co-financed by Danida Capacity Development Support Programme. After selection of course participants, the supporting Danida Programme/project/NGO will be charged a non-refundable amount of DKK 2,500 per participant per tutorial week. Thus, total funding needs are DKK 5,000. This includes study fee, accommodation, international travel, if required and allowances, but not local travel to and from the study place.
Place of Study
Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), Accra, Ghana.