Commercialization of Research Output
Tanzania Industrial Research and Development Organization (TIRDO) has during the first half of 2016 conducted a survey on the Danida funded research projects’ contribution to technology and innovation development in Tanzania. In addition to the survey, TIRDO also produced a roadmap for the development of strategies for the commercialization of research results and outputs in Tanzania. The essential findings and recommendations of the report, including the roadmap, are available here.
During May 2016, support was provided to South-driven development research projects in Tanzania (granted 2014 and 2016) to strengthen research communication and outreach strategies of the projects. An expert within research communication worked with the projects individually to analyze and discuss communication ideas, including options for alternative steps and specific practical measures to track and document communication outcomes. Based on the assignment, a guide to planning a communication strategy was prepared. The full guide is available here. Abstract from the guide is also available, link here.
Other reading on communication strategy: ”The Global Guide to Research Impact“.
Review Meeting for Vietnamese-Danish Research Collaboration for South Driven Projects (Pilot)
2016-05-18 at the Danish Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam
· Nguyen Huu Nghia (for Phan Thi Van) RIA1: Project 10-P01-VIE, “Impacts of climate change and adapting bio-security measures for Northern Viet Nam’s aquaculture” – link
· Le Truong Giang, VAST: Project 10-P04-VIE, “Innovative Cleaning Technologies for Production of Drinking Water during Flooding Episodes (A-WATER)” – link
· Nguyen Quang Huy, ARSINC: Project 11-P02-VIE, “Better use of nutrition resources for sustaining aquaculture production in Central Vietnam under climate change condition” – link
· Phan Van Tan, HUS: Project 11-P04-VIE, ”Climate Change-Induced Water Disaster and Participatory Information System for Vulnerability Reduction in North Central Vietnam” – link
· Le Huy Ham, AGI: Project 12-P04-VIE, “ Improving rice tolerance of submergence and salinity to cope with climate change in coastal areas of Vietnamese Deltas” – link
· Dao Bach Khoa, PPRI: Project 14-P04-VIE, “Climate change impacts on outbreaks of crop pests in Vietnam” – link
2016-02-29 - 2016-03-03 – GAAS and Costech, Visit to Denmark Link to programme
Presentations from the visits:
Office of the Ombudsmand: Links: presentation, The Danish Public Administration Act
Outreach Expert, Mr. Nick Quist: Links: presentation
Danish Agency for Science, Technology and Innovation: Links: presentation 1, presentation 2, presentation 3, presentation 4, presentation 5
SFI, The Danish National Centre for Social Research: No presentation
The National Committee on Health Research Ethics: Link: presentation The Global Network for Economics of Learning, Innovation, and Competence Building Systems (Globelics): Link: presentation