The Consultative Research Committee for Development Research (FFU) is a programme committee under Innovation Fund Denmark. The Committee is responsible for assessing funding proposals and has an advisory role vis-à-vis the Minister for Development Cooperation regarding award of competitive funds for development research projects, as well as quality assurance.
In addition, National Screening Committees (NSCs) are established in two countries (Ghana and Tanzania) to assess the relevance, quality, and potential effect of funding proposals submitted by local researchers in collaboration with colleagues at Danish research institutions.
The FFU and the NSC members are subject to the disqualification rules by the Innovation Fund Denmark. Please see the binding guidelines here.
The FFU appointed for 2018-2020 has the following members:
• Professor, PhD, Mr. Flemming Konradsen, University of Copenhagen, Chairman
• Professor, PhD, Mr. Kåre Lehman Nielsen, Aalborg University, Vice-Chairman
• Professor, PhD, Mr. Stefano Ponte, Copenhagen Business School
• Professor, PhD, Mr. Morten Bøås, Norwegian Institute of International Affairs
• Associate Professor, PhD, Ms. Annette Skovsted Hansen, University of Aarhus
• Professor Emeritus, PhD, Ms. Kristi Anne Stølen, University of Oslo
• Associate Professor, PhD, Mr. Erik Skov Madsen, University of Southern Denmark (Odense)
• Associate Professor, PhD, Ms. Flora Kessy, Tanzanian Training Centre for International Health
• Professor, PhD, Ms. Ama de-Graft Aikins, University of Ghana
• Head of Department, PhD, Ms. Nanna Hvidt, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark.
The NSCs each include seven members – five senior researchers from institutions in Ghana and Tanzania, respectively, along with two representatives of the FFU. Members are appointed for one year. In 2020 the composition of the two NSCs are as follows below:
NSC Tanzania for 2020:
• Associate Professor, PhD, Ms. Flora L. Kessy, Tanzanian Training Centre for International Health (representing the FFU) (Chair).
• Senior Research Fellow, PhD, Ms. Evelyne A. Lazaro, Sokoine University of Agriculture.
• Senior Lecturer, PhD, Mr. Francis A. Mwaijande, Mzumbe University.
• Senior Lecturer, PhD, Mr. Gabriel Mkilema Shirima, Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology.
• Senior Lecturer, PhD, Ms. Rosemarie Mwaipopo, University of Dar es Salaam.
• Chief Executive Officer, PhD, Ms. Blandina Kilama, Research on Poverty Alleviation (REPOA).
• Associate Professor, PhD, Mr. Erik Skov Madsen, University of Southern Denmark (representing the FFU).
NSC Ghana for 2020:
• Professor, PhD, Mr. Samuel Sefa-Dedeh, University of Ghana (Chair)
• Senior Lecturer, PhD, Mr. David Dodoo-Arhin, University of Ghana
• Lecturer, PhD, Ms. Jemima Nunoo, Ghana Institute for Management and Public Administration
• Director, PhD, Ms. Genevieve Etornam Adukpo, University of Cape Coast
• Dr., PhD, Mr. Anthony A. Duah, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, Water Research Institute
• Associate Professor, PhD, Ms. Annette Skovsted Hansen, Aarhus University (representing the FFU)
• Associate Professor, PhD, Ms. Ama de-Graft Aikins, University of Ghana (representing the FFU)