The Consultative Research Committee for Development Research (FFU) is a programme committee under Innovation Fund Denmark. The Committee is responsible for assessing funding proposals and has an advisory role vis-à-vis the Minister for Development Cooperation regarding award of competitive funds for development research projects, as well as quality assurance.
In addition, National Screening Committees are established in selected countries (currently Ghana and Tanzania) to assess the relevance, quality, and potential effect of funding proposals submitted by local researchers in collaboration with colleagues at Danish research institutions.
The FFU appointed for 2018-2020 has the following members:
• Professor, PhD, Mr. Flemming Konradsen, University of Copenhagen, Chairman
• Professor, PhD, Mr. Kåre Lehman Nielsen, Aalborg University, Vice-Chairman
• Professor, PhD, Mr. Stefano Ponte, Copenhagen Business School
• Professor, PhD, Mr. Morten Bøås, Norwegian Institute of International Affairs
• Associate Professor, PhD, Ms. Annette Skovsted Hansen, University of Aarhus
• Professor Emeritus, PhD, Ms. Kristi Anne Stølen, University of Oslo
• Associate Professor, PhD, Mr. Erik Skov Madsen, University of Southern Denmark (Odense)
• Associate Professor, PhD, Ms. Flora Kessy, Tanzanian Training Centre for International Health
• Professor, PhD, Ms. Ama de-Graft Aikins, University of Ghana
• Head of Department, PhD, Ms. Nanna Hvidt, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark.
The FFU is subject to the disqualification rules by Innovation Fund Denmark. Please see the binding guidelines here.
The NSCs are made up of senior researchers from institutions in Ghana and Tanzania, as well as representatives of the FFU and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark. Members are appointed for one year. In 2018 the composition of the Tanzania committees was as stated below and the NSC in Ghana has been appointed for 2019, see below:
NSC Tanzania for 2019:
• Associate Professor, PhD, Ms. Flora L. Kessy, Tanzanian Training Centre for International Health (representing the FFU) (Chair)
• Senior Research Fellow, PhD, Ms. Evelyne A. Lazaro, Sokoine University of Agriculture
• Senior Lecturer, PhD, Ms. Rosemarie Mwaipopo, University of Dar es Salaam
• Chief Executive Officer, PhD, Ms. Blandina Kilama, Research on Poverty Alleviation (REPOA)
• Professor, PhD, Mr. Kåre Lehmann Nielsen, Aalborg University (representing the FFU)
NSC Ghana for 2019:
• Professor, PhD, Mr. Samuel Sefa-Dedeh, University of Ghana (Chair)
• Senior Lecturer, PhD, Mr. David Dodoo-Arhin, University of Ghana
• Lecturer, PhD, Ms. Jemima Nunoo, Ghana Institute for Management and Public Administration
• Director, PhD, Ms. Genieve Etornam Adukpo, University of Cape Coast
• Dr., PhD, Mr. Anthony A. Duah, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, Water Research Institute
• Associate Professor, PhD, Ms. Annette Skovsted Hansen, Aarhus University (representing the FFU)
• Associate professor, PhD, Mr. Erik Skov Madsen, University of Southern Denmark (representing the FFU)