If you face conflict as part of your work in a state institution or civil society organization or if your organization specifically aim to promote conflict transformation and peacebuilding, this course will help you become more effective in your work. Through sharing with conflict transformation experts and colleagues from different country contexts and institutional settings, you will get a chance to reflect on how best to deal with the conflicts you face.
The course goal is to strengthen the capacity of participants in transforming the conflicts they face in order to contribute most effectively to human rights, governance, development and peacebuilding in the communities in which they work.
The course is designed for managers and staff working in organisations and institutions dealing with development, governance, human rights, and peacebuilding issues. Both civil servants and NGO staff who have a recognized need to enhance their knowledge of and capacity in conflict transformation will benefit from the course.
• Good knowledge and understanding of English (especially spoken);
• Experience with development, good governance, human rights and conflict transformation programming;
• Interest in sharing with and learning from others
• Understanding and dealing with inter-personnel and inter-group conflict
• Analysing and dealing with the structural dimensions of conflict
• Getting to know and practicing different approaches to conflict transformation – both at inter-personal and societal level
• The linkages between human rights and conflict – and human rights and peace
• Conflict transformation mainstreaming and human rights based programming – tools and policies
Duration and Place
2 weeks, Denmark
The course is co-funded by Danida Capacity Development Support Programme. After selection of course participants, the Danida programmes/projects are charged a non-refundable amount of DKK 7,000 per participant per tutorial week
Total funding needs are DKK 14,000 per participant. This includes study fees, accommodation, allowances, insurances and international transport.
Place of Study
To be confirmed
The full course schedule can be seen here.