Science Engagement Days 2023
As a new initiative, Danida Fellowship Centre is hosting a two-day seminar on 28 – 29 March 2023, under a concept we call “Science Engagement Days”.
The overarching theme for the 2023 Science Engagement Days will be Equitable Partnerships in development research projects.
Successful development research addresses shared global challenges. However, collaboration alone does not ensure equity in the partnership. Lopsided power relations produce structural inequalities: what are these contemporary dynamics of inequalities between the South and the North? Why does it matter? How can we play a role in tackling these issues?
Within the scope of the theme, a number of sub-themes will form the framework for parallel sessions:
- Equality in authorship: Publications/dissemination and supporting knowledge from the south.
- Setting the research agenda – Choosing a research problem, methods, and theories in ways that ensure equitable partnerships
- Financing and institutional set-up – also linked to the frameworks set by funders.
- Mutual learning – how to ensure – and critically assess the capacity building concept.
- Gendered and racial dimensions of equitable partnerships.
- Facilitating ongoing decolonizing debates.
- Addressing variances in academic culture.
Here you can find the tentative programme: